Friday, February 21, 2014

Listen to you Stomach


So I learned my lesson yesterday.  I was happy that my surgeon released me for soft foods two days ago.  I had some chili to start which worked well as it was mostly broth, no issues.  Then I got ambitious, and of course I paid the consequence.

I had a bit of chicken yesterday, nothing fancy and the amounts were in keeping with what I should eat.  But the chicken was too heavy, I learned that I must work my new Vinny (more on the name later) into such things more slowly, not to take things to fast.  I definitely paid the price, I had a stomach ache and heart burn all night.  It seems Vinny is very sensitive and doesn't like being pressured to do something he is not comfortable with.

Why do I tell you this, so you will learn from my mistake and remember to take things slowly, don't rush and let your new stomach guide where you should go.  As my nutritionist says, "listen to your stomach."

No comments:

Post a Comment